We’ve collected 120 really good analytical essay topics, but first, let’s start with the definition of ‘analytical essay’.
An analytical essay is a well-structured piece of writing with a detailed analysis of a theme. You can write analytical essays about different sides of life: philosophy, art, human psychology and behavior, politics, books, various events, characters, economics, etc. Firstly, an analytical essay writer chooses a topic, then defines the goals of analysis, collects all the relevant information, and defines the structure of an essay. The analytical essay includes an acquaintance with the analyzed subject and the question that it raises, your perception of the subject, arguments, evidence, and examples. Also, you need to write a conclusion.
There are different analytical methods that writers use to create their essays such as comparison, classification, analysis of causes of the phenomenon and its impact on things, etc.
As we said, topics for analytical essay usually cover different spheres of our lives, so we divided them into subcategories:
Also, we can include some funny topics. We will call them ‘non-trivial’. So how should we start with our analytical essay topics list?
Possible Topics For an Analytical Essay
- The impact of social media on modern communication
- The effects of climate change on Canada’s environment and economy
- Portrayal of mental illness in contemporary literature
- Role of technology in shaping modern education
- The ethical implications of genetic engineering and Gene editing
- Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on Canada’s healthcare system
- The impact of globalization on canadian culture and society
- Use of propaganda in modern politics
- The effects of automation on the Canadian job market
- Ethics of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Representation of gender and sexuality in contemporary media
- Impact of colonialism on Canada’s indigenous communities
- The effects of social and economic inequality on canadian society
- Role of art and literature in promoting social justice
- Ethical implications of animal testing and experimentation
- The impact of immigration on canadian society and culture
- Use of symbolism in literature and art
- The effects of globalization on the canadian economy and job market
- Role of cultural and historical context in shaping literature and art
- Effectiveness of various methods for preventing and treating mental illness
Remember to choose a topic that interests you and that you are knowledgeable about, as this will make the essay writing process much more enjoyable and engaging.
- How to be brave?
- Does classical music affect mental health?
- Pros and cons of living alone.
- How to choose a therapist?
- How to help your friend survive a personal crisis?
- Similar tactics used in propaganda and marketing
- How to cope with bad feelings?
- Why do people need to be exceptional?
- Why is humor important for us?
- Healthy ways for the brain to relax.
- Do we need to leave our comfort zones?
- The psychology of prejudice and discrimination
- What should we know about children?
- Psychology of romance and love
- What is in Diego Maradona’s character that made him a great player?
- How does sport help children to be smart?
- The brain of an athlete.
- Doping in sport.
- The history of hockey in Canada.
- Why do we love to watch movies about champions?
- Sport and pregnancy.
- Pros and cons of fast running.
- Is stretching for everyone?
- Sport during COVID-19 pandemic.
- How to stay strong and healthy after 50?
- The structure of attacking strategies in hockey.
- How to overcome a defeat?
- Theory of coaching.
- How to take criticism from a partner?
- How to be a good friend?
- The specifics of a parent-child relationship
- The most important thing about relationships.
- How to be a good listener?
- How to overcome a fear of talking to people?
- What is the main point of equality between men and women?
- How to be a good boss?
- On being vulnerable with a partner.
- How to communicate online?
- How to adapt if you are a freshman at work.
- How to build good relationships with your fellow students?
- Why do people get defensive?
- How to lend money to our friends?
Choose EduBirdie and order essays online here.
- The society we want to live in.
- Can personal responsibility solve climate change?
- The portrait of a modern family.
- How COVID has changed society?
- Cars and their impact on citizens.
- Common gender stereotypes.
- Social media and haters.
- Food delivery during a pandemic.
- Should we turn off our TVs?
- Applications that help to raise money to feed children.
- Difficult times and true values.
- Child-free families.
- Should we celebrate Halloween?
- How to become a volunteer?
- What would happen if you were a spiderman?
- What to do when there is nothing to do?
- What do people need to feel happy?
- Why do we love comedies?
- What to do If your neighbor plays guitar at night?
- What will you choose: red or blue pill and why?
- Pros of living in a cold country.
- What is the best way to live a day?
- Is Mr.Baggins of the Shire brave?
- Do you believe in magic?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- Do affirmations work?
- Why do we need to save sharks?
- Were Ross and Rachel on a break?
As with the previous list, each topic offers plenty of opportunities for analysis and exploration. It's important to choose a topic that interests you and that you feel confident you can develop into a well-structured and well-supported analytical essay.
Business and economics
- The impact of e-commerce on traditional retail businesses
- The ethical implications of corporate social responsibility
- The effects of globalization on multinational corporations
- The role of supply chain management in the success of a business
- The impact of government policies on economic growth and stability
- The effects of automation on the future of work and employment
- The impact of social media on consumer behavior
- The role of entrepreneurship in economic development
- The effects of income inequality on economic growth and stability
- The benefits and drawbacks of international trade agreements
- The causes and consequences of social conformity
- The impact of childhood experiences on adult personality development
- The effects of social media on mental health and well-being
- The impact of social and cultural factors on identity formation
- The causes and consequences of group polarization
- The effects of social support on mental and physical health outcomes
- The relationship between personality traits and job performance
- The impact of attachment style on adult romantic relationships
- The effects of stereotype threat on academic performance
- The impact of poverty on child development and academic achievement
Science and technology
- The implications of crispr technology for genetic engineering and Gene editing
- The effects of climate change on biodiversity and ecosystem health
- The impact of emerging technologies on the future of transportation
- The potential risks and benefits of artificial intelligence
- The ethical implications of human genome editing
- The effects of technology on social interaction and relationships
- The causes and consequences of antibiotic resistance
- The impact of social media algorithms on political polarization
- The effects of space exploration on technological innovation and scientific advancement
- The potential impacts of Quantum computing on cryptography and cybersecurity
Achieving Two Goals with an Analytical Research Paper
A good analytical research paper usually achieves two goals: it helps a writer to be a deep thinker, helps them to analyze things and build strong evidence of their point of view, and develops their critical thinking. The second goal of an analytical essay - to provide readers with adequate information on things that they need and educate them.