This type of assignment is a short piece of writing that includes a subjective point of view of the writer. Today it is an important part of academic education, and students are taught to write such papers from the very beginning. One of the most interesting topics offered by teachers to young people is an essay about name.
A work with such topic is an interesting task, in which the annotated bibliography writer should speculate on the topic of his own name. This might be the origin it, importance from the historical point of view, you can also mention who else was called this way including some famous people like actors, scientists, inventors, models and other, it will be also nice to find the translation and its pronunciation in different languages.
The topic may seem a little too narrow. But there are numerous ways how to make my essay about name really exciting.
Common Mistakes in Writing an Essay about Name
- Incomplete sentences that start from the preposition or conjunction;
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation and stylistic mistakes;
- Absence of a catching title;
- Plagiarized pieces;
- Use of colloquial language;
- The absence of personal viewpoint etc.
These are the most common mistakes students make writing an essay about my name. They do not wish to invent something and having found some information about their name they put the whole piece into the text. And even if there any efforts to analyze anything or express the opinion, it appears to be incomplete and with some poor mistakes.
How to Write an Essay about My Name?
There is nothing special in writing this work as it has the same structure as most of the others.
- Start your paper with a powerful introduction representing the topic and mentioning why you decided to write it.
- The main body should consist of several paragraphs (usually 3). In these paragraphs, you can indicate the reasons why your parents had decided to call you this way, tell the story of its origin, and talk about its popularity or rarity in the modern world.
- The third part of each work is a conclusion. It usually has the more personal point of view, for example, you can express your attitude to it; here you should summarize everything and accentuate your positive or negative relation to it.
Here Are a Few Useful Tips on How to Write an Essay About My Name
- Read a few different templates to get inspiration and take some useful experience.
- Before you start writing make an outline of the future paper.
- Write a thesis statement.
- Use conjunctive words and ones to develop an argument to make the text more coherent and smooth.
- Don’t avoid telling readers other people’s thoughts on your topic.
- Prefer to express your opinion using short but full of sense sentences.
- Opt for active voice for better perception.
- Put aside a ready-made text for some time to re-read it later.
- Use plagiarism check and spelling check software to avoid mistakes.
The list of such tips can be incredibly long. These are just a few most important points to keep in mind. These practical hints from EduBirdie experts on how to make your “my name essay” more efficient and custom can help you to create an outstanding work, so follow our reflective essay writing service if you have a similar objective.
Need professional help with your essay?
Our expert writers can help you!