Essays are the most widely spread assignment for modern students. And Canadian educational establishments are not an exception. There are different types of essays to be written by students and tutors, and professors choose this type of assignment very often for this purpose. This type of paper may describe different things, events, atmospheres, etc. But a descriptive essay about a person remains one of the most often assigned tasks.
It can be offered to students of any department as the number of people to describe is incredibly big: these might be relatives, friends, groupmates, popular celebrities, scientists, writers, rulers, book or movie characters, etc. Consequently, it is of great importance to know about the main features of a descriptive essay on a person to create an efficient and custom paper.
What is a Personal Descriptive Essay?
Known also as “character sketches,” descriptive essays about a person refer to rather difficult tasks, as students cannot read examples of them rather often. Some character descriptions are met in fiction books. But not all of them can be used as an example for an essay.
The main objective of a descriptive essay is to make the details you feel about the person look vivid with the essay assistance of the text. The task of the student is to provide a reader with a detailed description of a person as well as the writer's own considerations about him or her.
What other nuances of this task to keep in mind? Apart from mentioning physical features of the character, better if it is done indirectly, the writer should focus on several personality traits shown with the examples of the person’s actions and behavior rather than just mentioned.
Before you start descriptive writing about a person or before you decide to pay for essays writing, it is necessary to read several templates of well-structured papers. This will be useful to understand what it should look like. It will give a boost and provide a homework helper with the ideas on how to present a character's identity right and prolifically. That may also become an inspiration for the writer and a good example to consider.
What is the Structure of Describing a Person Essay?
As well as any other college paper, the one about a human being has a standard structure; good work consists of three parts:
- Introduction. It is a part where the writer represents the reasons why he or she describes this individual. It must have a strong opening to grab the attention of the reader and a thesis statement at the end.
- The main body can include several paragraphs. A standard essay has three paragraphs in the main body. The first one is used for giving a vivid portrait of the human, observation of details and his representation; the second one is aimed at the description of the environment he or she is living in; the third one involves sensual and emotional description, etc.
- Conclusion. The goal of this part is to conclude and show the significance of your work.
Most Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Descriptive Essay about a Person
In writing an essay, students usually make rough mistakes. Some of them appear to be common for most of the students. If you want to avoid them, you should be aware of them. Here are some common mistakes met in such types of papers:
- Inability to show and present to readers the character you describe;
- A simple listing of character traits;
- Use of long adjective strings;
- Avoidance of metaphors and similes;
- Poor structure of an essay;
- Skipping draft writing etc.
How to Write an Essay About Someone: Useful Tips
A key to the success of every student is in being knowledgeable in the subject. How to write descriptive essay about a person? Take into account the following tips and each of your paper will be worth an A grade:
- Choose the subject properly.
- Select the most powerful words to use.
- Do the research and find as much information related to the topic as possible.
- Accentuate the explanations provided by the author if there are any, also, you can write down any dialogues, interpretations or explanations that might be supportive.
- Make an observation of as many character aspects as possible.
- Think of the audience you are writing for.
- Select a dominant impression to make an accent on.
What is the most important for a good paper? When you were assigned to write a paper that describes a human, it is very important to engage a reader with the alive representation of the individual you would like to describe. As a result, it is of great importance to use not only words but also the five main senses if you desire to create an effective paper. Also, you can find a professional descriptive essay writing service that can impress your professor.