Living your life as a college student is never easy, which is why some educational institutions and funds alike offer special scholarships for students that help to cover all these high tuition costs. Yet, this time everything is different because TheBestSchools focuses on students that are enrolled in distance learning programs online, which also takes some funds and expenses. A good example would be attending some college online, which is often the case with adult learners, working parents, or those who have large families and are not able to cope with the extra monthly costs. The good news that we have is that TheBestSchools.org offers you a great chance to win one of the six annual scholarship awards that are aimed at online learners. The total would be $6,000 since they offer more than one award (each one being $1,000).
What TheBestSchools.org Online College Scholarship Offers
First of all, it takes place every academic year, including 2021 as well, considering that we talk about online education or distance learning courses. Here is what we have:
- The six $1,000 scholarships that can be used by those students who have won. You must be enrolled in an accredited online college or university with a degree program.
- Three scholarships are awarded for the Fall Semester with the July 31, 2021 application’s deadline.
- Three scholarships are provided for the Spring Semester with its deadline being on November 30, 2021.
Of course, if you submit an application for the Fall Semester scholarship award and do not win, you can still consider taking part in the Spring Semester scholarship competition. All organization’s entries are always reset on December 1 each year, which means that you should resubmit your information for the following academic year (fall or spring period).
Speaking of selection and the awards, things take place randomly from the common pool of students who have passed the initial requirements, which can be seen below.
The Application Details
As it has already been mentioned, the scholarships are offered to those students who are already enrolled in an accredited online degree program (a distance learning course). Both full-time and part-time learners are eligible.
You are free to use your scholarship funds at any college or university as long as it has accreditation and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Here are some additional things to consider:
- The BestSchools.org holds the right to maintain the funds and the Online College Scholarship awards.
- Within one week after the deadline specified, the organization chooses the scholarship winner randomly.
- The recipients can use their funds for tuition and textbooks for their online degree course only.
- You can apply for only one entry annually, yet if you did not win, you can consider the Fall / Spring periods.
- You can win only one award.
- You will be notified by the TheBestschools.org website in case of your success.
- The check of $1,000 will be sent directly to your college or university by TheBestSchool.org
Learn More About Eligibility Requirements
The following criteria must be met:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited, 100% online degree course or have at least 80% of your courses taken online.
- Provide proof of your GPA of at least 3.0. It should be the most recent college GPA or your high school GPA report.
- You must be 18 or older.
Additionally, you must provide consent for us to publish the following at TheBestSchools.org:
- Your first and last name.
- College or university name where you are enrolled.
- Your current degree program or university course.
- At least two testimonials related to your reasons for attending college online and a list of your experiences related to distance learning.
When you win:
You must provide an official form, high-resolution photo with testimony regarding your thoughts on winning.
The Scholarship Application Deadlines
The current deadline for the Fall Semester is July 31, 2021.
The deadline for the Spring Semester is November 30, 2021.
As you fill in the application, you must provide your First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, email address, and phone number with the date of your first (current) enrollment in an Online Degree Program, and the current GPA.
It also takes two short 750 words max essays that will improve your chances of winning if done right and with some passion:
- Why did you choose to take an online degree program rather than a traditional degree program?
- So far in your experience of online college, what have been (at least) two positive experiences related to attending online?
We wish you good luck with your scholarship and hope that you win!